Anxiety is a health condition that is associated with the mental condition of a human personality. As the person will move into the unsuitable levels of anxiety, then this is the point when this mental condition will turn into some sort of mental disorder.
Anxiety disorder is further divided into different categories of mental health diagnoses. This will lead to the condition of fear, worry, excessive level of nervousness and apprehension. This condition will also bring a huge impact on the emotional and behavioral scenario of the person which can bring some physical symptoms. Sometimes the level of mild anxiety can be unsettling and vague as well. When it comes to severe anxiety, it can show a huge impact on the daily routine of an individual.
According to a recent survey, around 40 million people are affected by this mental disorder in the US. In the US it is considered to be a common practice. But only 36% of the people are taking regular treatment of anxiety disorder which is quite disturbing.
What is Separation Anxiety All About?
Separation anxiety in adults is known to be the ordinary stage of the infant or the toddler development. Young kids will also experience the separation anxiety but most of the kids will outgrow with the separation anxiety at the age of 3.
This is probably the most common type of anxiety which generally take place among the kids who are at the early age of preschool. Sometimes the level of separation anxiety is so much prolonged and intense that it might disturb the daily activities of the kid.
What are the common symptoms of separation anxiety?
Now here we will be discussing a few of the major symptoms which are about separation anxiety. Separation anxiety can act differently on different personalities of people. It can range from the feeling of butterflied in the stomach or even feel your heart racing so much high. It might be possible that you will completely feel out of your control if your body and mind are completely disconnected from each other.
Few of the other conditions in which a person will experience the separation anxiety can be painful thoughts, panic attacks, or the nightmares. It can even be in the form of memories which you cannot control. You will probably be getting some general feelings of worry or fear. Some of the common symptoms of separation anxiety are as mentioned below:
- increased level of heart rate
- fast breathing
- Crying or being sad all the time
- restlessness condition
- Complaints of stomach pain or headache
- Refusing to stay away from home due to fear of losing someone in family
- trouble in concentrating
- difficulty in falling asleep
What are the Major risk factors of separation anxiety?
In some of the situations, knowing about the main risk factors of separation anxiety disorder is so much complicated. It can either take place as once in a while or it can also happen so many times. Some of the possible risk factors are as mentioned below:
- An environmental stressful condition such as relationship issues, family concerns or difficulties in work performance.
- Due to genetics in which if one member of the family is having anxiety issues then another person will face it as well.
- Few other temperaments which are prone to give rise to the separation anxiety or other anxiety disorder.
How to Fix Separation Anxiety in Adults?
Treatments for the separation anxiety in adults are normally categorized into medication, psychotherapy as well as behavioral therapy. For the kids or teenage, medication can bring a certain side effect therefore, going for the self-treatment is the best solution sometimes. Right here we will be discussing some of the common types of treatments for the separation anxiety disorder:
Treatment no 1: Self-treatment
Treating the anxiety disorder at home with the help of some clinical supervision can be made possible. But somehow this won’t be coming up with the permanent or the long-term results. If you want to cope with your mild separation anxiety disorder then there are a few basic techniques which you can follow right now as discussed below:
- Stress management: This stress management is all about dealing with the stress triggers by identifying them one by one. You can even learn about how you can manage your upcoming pressures as well as deadlines. You can jot down a list of all those major elements which are contributing to the anxiety disorder.
- Relaxation techniques: There are few basic and simple activities which are playing an important role to soothe your mental as well as physical signs of basic anxiety. This can include some meditation techniques, regular exercises, yoga, and taking rest in dark.
- Exercises for replacing negative thoughts with your positive ones: You should make a list of all those negative thoughts which are constantly running in your mind all the time. You should write them down on a piece of paper and change it into positive thoughts.
- Supporting network: You should get in touch with the people from whom you think you can get the maximum support. This can be either your family member or even your friend. Some support group services are also available online.
Treatment no 2: Counseling
This has been a standard method to treat separation anxiety disorder. You can even call it psychological counseling. This will include some cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), as well as Psychotherapy, or even the combination of different therapies.
Treatment No 3: CBT
This form of psychotherapy has been all aiming at identifying and changing the basic harmful thought patterns. These are few of those basic patterns which are the foundation of troublesome feelings as well as being anxious. In this whole process, practitioners will let you know about how you can limit your distorted thinking.
Well treating the separation anxiety in adults is not an intricate task at all. You just need to learn about how you can manage your emotions and feelings so it can better help you to figure out the main triggers of separation anxiety disorder.
You should be getting in touch with your health specialist so they can better guide you about dosage of specific medication which you need to take on daily basis. Consulting a nutrition expert can better let you know about the healthy diet plan routines for maintaining the level of your separation anxiety disorder as a treatment course.